Thursday, May 15, 2008

Prepare to Read the Ramblings of a Burnout, Scattered Brain:





I love my computer. I love being geeky on my computer. And I love writing. But not this past week--hence, the lack of blog postings. Don't be alarmed (this is almost a moment of talking to myself). I will continue to post. This blog will not go down the gutter like all my past blogs. My brain has just taken a vacation this week. After staring at Microsoft Word nonstop for at least a week and pumping out close to 60 pages of mad, sweet, critical, thought-provoking (arguably) media studies goodness, I have been able to justify doing a lot of nothing. And I say nothing very loosely, bc extending your arm and putting it towards your mouth counts as something...and while doing this movement repeatedly I should not disregard the many interesting things I have added to my list of to-dos this summer. A list includes, but definitely is not limited to:

1) change my cell phone plan to add more texts, 2) go see more live music, 3) learn new recipes-- particularly those using tofu, 4) start running, 5) watch a lot of HBO, 6) see the new Sex and the City movie, 7) go to NYC and Chicago, 8) go to the top of the Empire State Building, 9) find a new drink to replace my go-to vodka tonic, 10) watch Golden Girls reruns, 11) do a lot of karaoke, 12) take my little sister to King's Island, 13) avoid catching Amos's flower bouquet like the plague, 14) sit on Brent's parents couch for at least a 10-hour period w/o moving (unless for food, drink, or restroom break, of course), 15) make my blog spiffier!, 16) see bands I both love and have never heard of at Pitchfork, 17) read a shit-ton, 18) find new restaurants in Austin, 19) find new restaurants in Indianapolis, 20) meet new people, 21) spend time with my "old" people, 22) figure out what PhD programs Im going to apply to, 23) take my dogs on walks, 24) go camping, 25) get a new tattoo, 26) watch a lot of Netflixs, 27)GO PICK UP MY FRIENDS AT THE AIRPORT! YAY!

2 comments:

Donovan said...

Ooh, do you read PhD or did you just find that on Digg? Even though he's from a completely different field, everything in that comic seems to apply to our MA's.

Candice said...

I read PhD comic...have you seen one of the more recent postings? A graph showing how the longer we are in the grad school the harder it gets trying to explain to outsiders what it is exactly that we do... can't wait, right?