Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Recovery

Ugh! I still feel like I am in recovery from this past school year. These past few weeks have been a challenge to feel situated. I feel like I went from going 150mph to abruptly pulling on the e-brake and coming to a complete halt. At first, the break was much needed, and the lack of academic responsibility ( or really having to do any type of work) was completely necessary and relieving, but now I am going a bit stir-crazy. Granted I realize there is not much I can do to get back into a steady routine till I'm back in Austin and my travels are over, I am in dire need of a break from my break. But who am I kidding? This hiatus of hardcore academic work has opened up the flood gates to get my life put back together in all the non-school arenas of my life -- socially, emotionally, physically. The problem is finding the energy and time to do it all post-semester when you brain has turned to Jello. Between friends visiting, packing and moving, wrapping up my assistantship, and preparing to tackle a thesis, I am needing a snap, slap, or kick back into a routine of some sort. Indeed, a creature of habit and stability I am and my root chakra is in dire need of some attention. As much as it kills me to admit it, my trip back to Indiana beginning in two days could not come soon enough.

1 comment:

Andrew Haddad said...

I AGREE! I miss you sister, dare I say dreadfully? It feels like forever since I have seen you and I cant wait for you to be home. I love you MUCHO!

... I hate to do this, but I have to "Shamelessly" plug my blog... I am not sure there is much to read at this point, just some dribble about my plans dealing with a 3D Game Engine for the coming weeks, but maybe something more interesting will come from my trip to West Virginia... go Read AndrewWHaddad.com. I wish I had a more creative title, but I am not a creative person... :(