Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Macbook down! Mackbook down!

This past Friday I had an accident with my Macbook...*sigh*. I have not cried yet, but I'm just waiting for the call from Apple saying "...you need to give us all your NYC spending money...have fun eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and window shopping while your hair makes you look like a small, furry animal died on top of your head because you can't afford to by more hair product...". Then, I will cry and tell them to piss off, because I have a nice head of hair! Keep your fingers crossed that the Apple peeps will work their geek magic and cast a spell on my computer curing it from all hard drive malfunctions...

One thing that has cheered me up is my pops buying the sweetest DVD box set evaaaaaaaa! Jim Henson's Fantasy Film Collection featuring Labyrinth, Mirrormask, and The Dark Crystal is mine! I'm not much a sulker, but now if I find myself slipping into a depressing I-have-no-Macbook mode I can just watch Jen's adventures trying to take down the Skeksis empire or, better yet, see David Bowie "dance magic dance". OMG...my first crush was on David Bowie as the Goblin King. Knowing me know now, is it really surprising that as a 5-year old I was attracted to a man with wild, long hair, lots of make-up, and a tight pair of spandex pants paired with a sweet and sexy blouse? I was so jealous of Jennifer Connelly. That bitch had it all --sexual tension with the Goblin King and stuffed animals that came to life. That is all I ever wanted as a kindergartner.

You know you are jealous that I'll be falling asleep to this tonight:

No comments: