Saturday, August 9, 2008

"One good thing about music, when it hits...

...you feel no pain". Sure, this Bob Marley quote is probably one of the most over-used sentences listed on people's "Favorite Quotes" section on their Facebook profiles. Nonetheless, I'm feeling a bit awestruck by the ability for some songs to completely change your mood. That said, this just makes me smile:



You can catch more candid performances by a range of other musicians and groups at LaBlogotheque. Late Friday night/ Saturday morning after returning from my evening excursion, I easily spent a good two hours or so watching videos on their site. Oh, alcohol-inspired, musical moments by myself in the wee hours of the night -- a common occurrence in my life. And I love it.

7 comments:

Jacqueline Vickery said...

You know that Caitlin's little brother Paul is in Beruit, right?

Candice said...

Yes! Marlene told em the other day!

Andrew Haddad said...

Did I tell you about Beirut or do we just both know about them?

I forget bc I make everyone listen to them... I have a bad habit of forcing my music on others...

c8ic8 said...

I love this video! You know they made a whole series of videos that are very similar? I can get you a copy if you like (I still need to send Marlene a copy).

c8ic8 said...

I love this video! Did you know that they made similar videos for all of the tracks on the album? I should send you a copy of the DVD (I owe one to Marlene also).

Candice said...

Yes, I'd love a copy! :)

Amy Eaton Rutledge said...

that was pretty fantastic!